Thursday, October 4, 2012

Leopard Shark! (In the making)

   <----After

<----Before





1. Why is texture so important to have in your sketches?
Because it shows contrast between the front, middle, and distant objects. My shark doesn't have much texture so I will have to include more texture with its surroundings. Like the coral and rocks.

2. Why is it neccessary for you to have several references of each animal and each background? Explain.
So you can get a good idea of how the animal lives, where it lives, and what it looks like. A leopard shark's surroundings may vary, so I tried to mix in a little bit of everything by puting it in a coral reef/ open environment. All leopard sharks have similar markings so looks weren't hard.
3. When you look at your sketches are you able to see which sketch is the strongest and will make the best print? How do you know this? 
Yes, my shark will be the one to be made into a print. I can tell because I've put the most effort into this one. The texture is also the best out of the 3 sketches.




No comments:

Post a Comment