I thought that this was a really fun project! Mr. Sands left it as a really open prompt which gave you a chance to really dig deep and use your imagination. As for me, I created some abstract, outer space... thing. I'm not really sure what it's supposed to be, but I think it looks cool and uses just about everything we learned about Illustrator.
These are the two Cinemagraphs that I made in the past few days! I used the items that I did for a few reasons. I used the Longboard wheel because Longboarding is one of my favorite things to do, and I used the flowers because they were right next to the garage... Next time I'd probably use a steadier tripod! Even though I took these pictures with my IPhone 5c, I must say, the camera quality is very nice (:
Before we started this unit, I had no idea how much Photoshop could alter someone's appearence! Now that I've had this experience, seeing and creating altered facial features, I'm pretty sure 99%, if not all, pictures in magazines of celebrities and models have been Photoshopped. As you can see in the work I did above, you can see just how much altering Photoshop can do to make some one have a better appearence. In the picture of the altered model above, I first got rid of the most obvious blemishes. Next I smoothed out her skin and softened it. Then I changed the color of her eyes just to see how real it would look. Success!
In this project, I used a picture of me holding a picture frame, a picture of a skeleton, and a cross, to make it look like I was holding an X-Ray of my chest with a cross where my heart is. I'm very pleased with the turnout of this piece. I think it worked really well by the way I cropped, cut, and pasted the images together. Through this piece, I learned how to invert colors to make everything look negative, and I learned how putting pictures on top of eachother can work well.
I took a scene out of Bikini Bottom, used Spongebob, Gary, and the Hoo-Blah guy, and threw it all into one portrait. I used overlapping in my hands to make it seem like one hand was on each side of Gary while I was holding him. When taking the photo, I just imagined holding something in my hands, and posed that way. My image shows a high level of interaction in which I'm actually holding one of the characters from the scene.
I think that my final Game Drawing piece was very successful. It had just about every element that I'd hoped it would have. It stood out in colors, it looked 3D on a camera, the vanishing points appeared as hoped, values and different highlights made the piece bold, and the shadows gave it gradation. I did have some difficulties, however, within the water color part of the project. It was hard to work with when the paper started crunching up and the water colors were in different shades as well. If I were to restart, the only changes I would make would be to not use black water color. Overall this was an enjoyable project.