Monday, October 22, 2012

Final Print: "Shark's Bite"

<----- Final Print

SELF EVALUATION

 

1.     Describe the overall composition of your artwork (balance, unity, rhythm and movement).
        The compostition consisted of a foreground, middle, and background. In the foreground, the shark is the first thing you see. In the middle and background I have the corals and different plants that would make up a coral reef.
 
2.     How did you add texture and contrast to your print? Is this important? Why?
        To show the different contrast and textures, I used the background. The only textures on the shark would be scales which are extremely hard to see. It is this reason why I used the backround for textures. Plants, coral, and rocks have very defined textures which made it easier to show.

3.     Explain how you used positive and negative space to show your image.
         I used the positive and negative space to show the different contrast between textured objects and solid objects. In the positive space, I drew the shark and rocks. In the negative space I drew the different textures of the objects.

4.     Describe the craftsmanship of your print. (How good the project is technically crafted)
        I believe that the craftsmanship of my print could have been better, but was overall very neat and nice. The cuts in the linoleum we deep enough when needed, and the shapes were perfectly cut. The only area I could have improved was the middle ground.
5.     Were you able to achieve depth by showing a foreground, middle ground and back-     ground? Explain.
      Yes. The contrast between the three mediums proved to be excelent at showing depth. I was overjoyed to see how it affected my print in such a way that it made the print look like it was popping off of the paper.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment